Chassis number FII/28/59 was entered into the Cooper Car Company records as 1959 Model 1500cc Mk1V Formula II sold in October 1959 to SA Power Tool and Equipment Co. fitted with a FPF Coventry Climax engine. Although the record shows shipment to South Africa the SA Power Tool and Equipment Company was based in Rhodesia owned by John Guthrie. The car was raced under the Ecurie Rhodes banner in the 1961 and 1962 South African Grand Prix. By '61 the 1500cc GP era had begun and the car was fitted with a 1500cc Alfa Romeo engine to comply. 1962 was the end of international comeptition for the Guthrie T51. In 1987 FII/28/59 was repatriated to the UK and sold through Roger Sweet to Rod Jolley who together with Sid Hoole restored it to pre'61 Grand Prix form fitted with a Climax 2litre engine. Rob drove the car with great success until 1996 when it was sold to the next owner France who continued to race it in HGPCA events until an accident sidelined the car in 2004. Repaired by previous custodian and Cooper expert Rod Jolley the car is beautifully presented both mechanically and cosmetically. Ready to race having been recently recomissioned by Hi-Tech Motorsport Ltd this represents a wonderful opportunity to acquire a piece of motor racing history that is eligible for top historic Grand Prix events.
Intéressé(e) par cette voiture ?